Show HN: Using stylometry to find HN users with alternate accounts
623 by costco | 506 comments on
Author here. This site lets you put in a username and get the users with the most similar writing style to that user. It confirmed several users who I suspected were alts and after informally asking around has identified abandoned accounts of people I know from many years ago. I made this site mostly to show how easy this is and how it can erode online privacy. If some guy with a little bit of Python, and $8 to rent a decent dedicated server for a day can make this, imagine what a company with millions of dollars and a couple dozen PhD linguists could do. Here's Paul Graham: https://ift.tt/0kBd2YS Here are some frequent HN commenters: (EDIT: Removed due to privacy concerns)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New best story on Hacker News: macOS Golden Gate Is a Buggy Mess
macOS Golden Gate Is a Buggy Mess 481 by SquareOrbits | 352 comments on
-
France to ditch Windows for Linux to reduce reliance on US tech 451 by Teever | 185 comments on
-
Show HN: 2048 turned 10 this year, I built an updated version to celebrate 496 by terabytest | 168 comments . Hi all! My name is Gabriele...
-
Deep Reinforcement Learning: Zero to Hero 484 by alessiodm | 43 comments on News.
No comments:
Post a Comment